At 8 years old, I won first place in a local talent show for performing the “World’s Longest Burp” and I’ve been winning ever since.
My name is James and I am a writer, journalist, and marketing director living in New York.
I have a passion for stories and finding new and innovative ways to tell them. Whether it be film, articles, radio interviews, podcasts, or TV shows, finding ways to entertain is something I’m drawn to.
I graduated from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville with a B.S. in Communications with a focus in Journalism and a minor in Creative Writing.
In the past I’ve:
- Worked as Station Manager for my college radio station, 95.5 WSKR
- Produced 7 web shows for Spinnaker Television
- Interned at the Clay Today weekly newspaper
- Created short films like Cake and Sauce that went on to win awards and film festivals, with Cake even being showcased at the Cannes International Film Festival
- Produced and reported on a monthly local news show, Inside Jacksonville, for The CW
- Trained as a improvisor and comedian at the Upright Citizens Brigade Training Center in NYC
- Developed Social Media Content for 107.3 The Eagle, Magic 94.9, and 105.5 The Dove in Tampa
- Worked as a Morning Show Producer and Brand Ambassador for Cox Media Group Tampa
- Won the Amy Wainwright Endowment for Fiction for the short story The Yellowbird House
- Developed online advertising campaigns and social media presence for multiple brands as Marketing Director of Deliver My Meds, a pharmaceutical company and delivery service
I read a lot and I like to watch old movies. I mostly listen to podcasts. I really like Taco Bell and going out for breakfast. I love the Grateful Dead, crisp-white Reeboks, trying weird craft beer, and learning how to cook new things.
Please look around and check out my website to see some of my work and feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com